<< View All Profiles
The jury administrator ensures that jury selection and management are smooth and efficient processes. Both have an important impact on public perception about jury service.
Jury administrators may
- make sure that jurors are selected at random from a fair cross-section of the community where the court convenes, according to law
- operate the court’s online jury management system and electronic juror application system
- follow standard operating procedures and rules for qualifying, summoning, managing, and paying both petit and grand jurors
- determine juror attendance needs and prepare statistical reports
- conduct juror orientations, and support and assist jurors during jury service
- work with judges’ chambers staff, clerks’ office staff, attorneys, law enforcement agencies and other groups to ensure the smooth operation of high-profile or protracted jury trials
- process notices, enter data, and prepare mail
- provide customer service
Customer service skills and adaptability to computer applications and systems are required.