Effective December 1, 2013
Court of Appeals Miscellaneous Fee Schedule¹
The fees included in the Court of Appeals Miscellaneous Fee Schedule are to be charged
for services provided by the courts of appeals.
- The United States should not be charged fees under this schedule, except as prescribed in Items 2, 4, and 5 when the information requested is available through remote electronic access.
- Federal agencies or programs that are funded from judiciary appropriations (agencies, organizations, and individuals providing services authorized by the Criminal Justice Act, 18 U.S.C. § 3006A, and bankruptcy administrators) should not be charged any fees under this schedule.
(1) For docketing a case on appeal or review, or docketing any other proceeding, $500.
- Each party filing a notice of appeal pays a separate fee to the district court, but parties filing a joint notice of appeal pay only one fee.
- There is no docketing fee for an application for an interlocutory appeal under 28 U.S.C. § 1292(b) or other petition for permission to appeal under Fed. R. App. P. 5, unless the appeal is allowed.
- There is no docketing fee for a direct bankruptcy appeal or a direct bankruptcy cross appeal, when the fee has been collected by the bankruptcy court in accordance with item 14 of the Bankruptcy Court Miscellaneous Fee Schedule.
(2) For conducting a search of the court of appeals records, $30 per name or item searched. This fee applies to services rendered on behalf of the United States if the information requested is available through remote electronic access.
(3) For certification of any document, $11.
(4) For reproducing any document, $.50 per page. This fee applies to services rendered on behalf of the United States if the document requested is available through remote electronic access.
(5) For reproducing recordings of proceedings, regardless of the medium, $30, including the cost of materials. This fee applies to services rendered on behalf of the United States if the recording is available through remote electronic access.
(6) For reproducing the record in any appeal in which the court of appeals does not require an appendix pursuant to Fed. R. App. P.30(f), $83.
(7) For retrieval of one box of records from a Federal Records Center, National Archives, or other storage location removed from the place of business of the court, $64. For retrievals involving multiple boxes, $39 for each additional box.
(8) For any payment returned or denied for insufficient funds, $53.
(9) For copies of opinions, a fee commensurate with the cost of printing, as fixed by each court.
(10) For copies of the local rules of court, a fee commensurate with the cost of distributing the copies. The court may also distribute copies of the local rules without charge.
(11) For filing:
- Any separate or joint notice of appeal or application for appeal from the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, $5;
- A notice of the allowance of an appeal from the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, $5.
(12) For counsel’s requested use of the court’s videoconferencing equipment in connection with each oral argument, the court may charge and collect a fee of $200 per remote location.
(13) For original admission of attorney to practice, including a certificate of admission, $176 For a duplicate certificate of admission or certificate of good standing, $18.
¹ Issued in accordance with 28 U.S.C. §1913