Case Summary: Rajala v. Gardner, et al., 09-cv-2482, (D. Kans.)
On September 11, 2009, plaintiff Eric C. Rajala, Trustee in Bankruptcy for Generation
Resources Holding Company, LLC, (“GRHC”) filed a complaint in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas against six individual defendants and numerous corporate entities arising out of the development of wind farm projects in Pennsylvania. Prior to filing this action, GRHC filed a voluntary petition for bankruptcy under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code.
The complaint asserts eighteen claims alleging that the individual defendants formed numerous other companies in order to leave GHRC 6 million dollars in debt while the individual defendants and their newly created companies kept over 10 million dollars in proceeds from the sale of the wind farm projects.
On January 19, 2012, the court heard oral argument on various motions for summary judgment, for judgment on the pleadings, and for distribution of funds. On April 9, 2012, the court issued its memorandum and order on the motions, granting in part and denying in part.
- Complaint filed 9/11/2009 [Doc # 1]
- Amended Complaint filed 5/24/2010 [Doc # 52]
- Second Amended Complaint filed 10/12/2010 [Doc #100]
- Answer filed 10/29/2010 [Doc # 103], 3/11/2011 [Doc # 111], 8/11/2011 [Doc # 150]
- Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings filed 7/29/2011 [Doc ## 144-46]
- Motion for Summary Judgment filed 8/5/2011 [Doc ## 147-48]
- Opposition to MSJ filed 9/15/2011 [Doc # 168]
- Opposition to Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings filed 9/26/2011 [Doc # 172]
- Reply re MSJ filed 9/29/2011 [Doc # 174]
- Reply re JOP filed 10/10/2011 [Doc # 175]
- Motion for Summary Judgment filed 11/17/2011 [Doc ## 183-84]
- Opposition to MSJ filed 12/9/2011 [Doc # 189]
- Reply to MSJ filed 12/14/2011 [Doc # 192]
- Hearing on 1/19/2012
- Order filed 4/9/2012 [Doc #217]
Case-related documents, including those referenced above, are available via the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) service. For more information, visit Pacer.gov.