Case Summary: 733, LLC v. Scottsdale Insurance Company, 11-cv-2103 (D. Kans.)
On January 12, 2011, plaintiff 773, LLC filed a complaint for breach of contract against defendant Scottsdale Insurance Company in the District Court of Atchison County, Kansas, which was removed to the United States District Court for the District of Kansas on the basis of federal diversity jurisdiction. The complaint alleged that defendant issued a policy of property insurance for plaintiff's property and subsequently denied coverage for the collapse of the façade of the building. Defendant asserted that the damage was not covered by the policy.
A jury trial was held on March 6, 2012. After the jury adjourned for the day, the parties entered into a settlement. On April 3, 2012, the parties filed a joint Stipulation of Dismissal with prejudice.
- Notice of Removal from Atchinson County filed 2/18/11 [Doc #1]
- Answer filed 2/28/11 [Doc #4]
- Memorandum and Order overruling plaintiff and defendant's motions of summary judgment filed 2/29/12 [Doc #50]
- Jury Trial begins 3/7/12 [Doc #59]
- Case settled 3/7/12
- Joint Stipulation of Dismissal with Prejudice filed 4/3/12 [Doc #62]
Case-related documents, including those referenced above, are available via the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) service. For more information, visit Pacer.gov.