Case Summary: Parma Community General Hospital v. Premier Anesthesia of Parma, et al., 09-cv-00325, (N.D. Ohio)
On December 31, 2008, plaintiff Parma Community General Hospital filed a complaint for breach of contract against defendant Premier Anesthesia of Parma in the Cuyahoga County, Ohio Court of Common Pleas, which was removed to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio on the basis of federal diversity jurisdiction. The complaint alleged that plaintiff and defendant entered into a contract for provision of anesthesia services at its hospital and that the contract was breached by defendant’s failure to provide plaintiff with full payment. Defendant denied the allegations and filed a counterclaim for breach of contract against plaintiff, alleging that the hospital failed to comply with a binding settlement agreement. Plaintiff later amended its claim to add a claim for fraudulent inducement of the settlement.
A jury trial was held from August 2, 2011 through August 11, 2011. The jury returned a verdict on August 12, 2011, finding in favor of plaintiff and in favor of defendant. The jury awarded $0 in damages for both plaintiff and defendant. The court entered judgment on August 15, 2011.
- Case removed from Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court on 2/11/2009
- Jury Trial Held on 8/2/2011-8/12/2011
- Jury verdict: [Doc ## 170-172]
- Verdict for Parma Hospital on Breach of Anesthesiology Agreement Claim in amount of $0
- Verdict for Premier Anesthesia on its Counter-claim of Breach of the Anesthesiology Agreement in the amount of $0
- Verdict for Premier Anesthesia on its Counter-Claim of Breach of the Settlement Agreement in the amount of $0
Case-related documents, including those referenced above, are available via the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) service. For more information, visit Pacer.gov.