At its September 13, 2011, session, the Judicial Conference approved the recommendations of its Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure and approved the following proposed amendments and new rule:
- Bankruptcy Rules 1007, 2015, 3001, 7054, and 7056, and Official Forms 1, 9A-9I, 10, 10 (Attachment A), 10 (Supplement 1), 10 (Supplement 2), and 25A; and
- Criminal Rules 5, 15, 58, and new Rule 37.
In addition, the Judicial Conference also approved changes to its “Procedures for the Judicial Conference’s Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure and Its Advisory Rules
Committees,” which take effect immediately.
The proposed amendments — with the exception of the Bankruptcy Official Forms — will now be transmitted to the Supreme Court with a recommendation that they be approved and transmitted to Congress in accordance with the Rules Enabling Act. The revisions to the Official Forms will take effect on December 1, 2011, in accordance with Bankruptcy Rule 9009.
The Committee's report and appendices containing the proposed amendments are posted below:
- Summary of Report (pdf)
- Report (pdf)
- Appendix A - Proposed Amendment to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure (pdf)
- Appendix B - Proposed Amendments to the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure (pdf)
- Appendix C - Proposed Amendments to the Judicial Conference Rules Committees (pdf)
The report, summary, and appendices may also be found on this page, http://www.uscourts.gov/RulesAndPolicies/FederalRulemaking/ResearchingRules/Reports.aspx.