Case Summary: 07-cv-10819
On April 27, 2007, plaintiffs ICEM S.P.A. and Aurora Assicurazioni S.P.A. filed a complaint for liability under the Italian civil code and for negligence against defendants Harvey Industries, Inc. and Rachel Castricone arising out of a fire on May 1, 2004 at the Grand Hotel Parco dei Principi in Rome, Italy. The complaint alleged that Castricone caused a fire in the hotel room reserved by Harvey Industries, Inc..
The court held a jury trial from April 4, 2011 through April 29, 2011. The jury reached a verdict on April 29, 2011, finding defendant Castricone negligent and responsible for 7.5% of plaintiffs' injuries. The jury also found plaintiffs negligent and responsible for 92.5% of their own injuries. The jury found that defendant Harvey Industries, Inc. was not negligent. On July 13, 2011, defendant Harvey Industries, Inc. filed a motion for attorney fees. The court heard oral argument on the motion on February 1, 2012.
- Complaint filed 4/27/07 [Doc # 1]
- Crossclaim filed 2/21/08 [Doc # 38]
- Motions for Summary Judgment granted in part and denied in part [Doc # 199]
- Motion for Summary Judgment, Motion to Strike, and Motions in Limine ruled upon [Doc # 325]
- Jury Trial held 4/4/11-4/29/11
- Jury Verdict on 4/29/11 [Doc # 371]
- Motion for Attorney Fees filed 7/13/2011 [Doc # 397] and Motion for Costs filed 7/13/2011 [Doc # 400]
- Hearing on 2/1/2012
Case-related documents, including those referenced above, are available via the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) service. For more information, visit Pacer.gov.