Case Summary: 11-cv-2148
On March 14, 2011, plaintiff Nestor Olmo-Artau filed a complaint for monetary damages against defendant Daniel Farr, in his official capacity as a Bonner Springs, Kansas Police Department Officer and as an individual, in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas. Plaintiff alleged that defendant violated his Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment rights by using excessive force in the arrest of plaintiff. Defendant denied liability. A jury trial was held from July 10, 2012 through July 11, 2012. The jury returned a verdict on July 11, 2012, finding that defendant did not use excessive force when arresting plaintiff. The court entered judgment against plaintiff and in favor of defendant.
- Complaint filed 3/14/2011 [Doc #1]
- Amended Complaint filed 7/22/2011 [Doc #12]
- Answer to Amended Complaint filed 8/5/2011 [Doc #13]
- Jury Trial 7/10/2012-7/11/2012
- Jury Verdict reached 7/11/2012 [Doc #57]
- Judgment entered on 7/12/2012 [Doc #58]
Case-related documents, including those referenced above, are available via the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) service. For more information, visit Pacer.gov.