U.S. Court of Federal Claims Fee Schedule
Following are fees to be charged for services provided by the United States Court of Federal Claims¹.
For checks, please make them payable to: Clerk, U.S. Court of Federal Claims. No fees are to be charged for services rendered on behalf of the United States, with the exception of those specifically prescribed in items (2), (8) and (9). No fees under this schedule shall be charged to federal agencies or programs which are funded from judiciary appropriations, including, but not limited to, agencies, organizations, and individuals providing services authorized by the Criminal Justice Act, 18 U.S.C. § 3006A, and Bankruptcy Administrator programs.
- For filing a civil action or proceeding, $350.2
- For reproducing any record or paper, $.50 per page. This fee shall apply to paper copies made from either: (a) original documents; or (b) microfiche or microfilm reproduction of the original records. This fee shall apply to services rendered on behalf of the United States if the record or paper requested is available through electronic access.
- For certification of any document or paper, whether the certification is made directly on the document or by separate instrument, $11. For exemplification of any document or paper, twice the amount of the charge for certification.
- For admission of attorneys to practice, $176 each, including a certificate of admission.3 For a duplicate certificate of admission or certificate of good standing, $18.
- For receipt of a monthly listing of court orders and opinions, $22 per year.
- The court may charge and collect fees commensurate with the cost of providing copies of the local rules of court. The court may also distribute copies of the local rules without charge.
- For any payment returned or denied for insufficient funds, $53.
- For every search of the records of the Court of Federal Claims conducted by the clerk of the court or a deputy clerk, $30 per name or item searched. This fee shall apply to services rendered on behalf of the United States if the information requested is available through electronic access.
- For reproduction of an audio recording of a court proceeding, $30. This fee applies to services rendered on behalf of the United States, if the recording is available electronically.
- For filing or indexing any document not in a case or proceeding for which a filing fee has been paid, $46.
- For retrieval of one box of records from a Federal Records Center, National Archives, or other storage location removed from the place of business of the court, $64. For retrievals involving multiple boxes, $39 for each additional box. For electronic retrievals, $10 plus any charges assessed by the Federal Records Center, National Archives, or other storage location removed from the place of business of the courts.
- Administrative fee for filing a civil action, suit, or proceeding with the Court of Federal Claims, $50. This fee does not apply to petitioners granted in forma pauperis status under 28 U.S.C. § 1915.
1 Issued in accordance with 28 U.S.C. § 1926(a).
2 Filing fee increase effective January 1, 2010.
3 Admission of attorneys to practice fee incrase effective September 18, 2005.