Assistance to Courts and Their Programs
Effective decision-making processes and best practices assist courts and other Judiciary organizations in addressing the challenge of meeting workload demands with limited resources.
Federal courts also must be accessible, and understandable, to litigants, lawyers, jurors, and witnesses. Throughout fiscal year 2012, the Judiciary worked to ensure that the federal courts continue to resolve cases in a timely manner, and to meet the needs of court users, while identifying and taking steps to remove any unnecessary barriers to court access.
- Improving Service to the Public
- Ongoing Pilots and Projects
- Improving Public Knowledge of the Judiciary
- Improving Court Case Management, Financial Systems and Statistical Reporting
- Using Information Technology to Reduce Costs, Increase Efficiencies
- Supporting Defender Services
- Expanding Supervision Capabilities in Probation and Pretrial Services