All statistics on bankruptcy petition filings are organized by year starting with 2013. Prior to 2013, Statistics are organized by 12-month and 3-month periods ending September 30 (the fiscal year), December 31 (the calendar year), March 31, and June 30.
Bankruptcy Filings Prior to 2013
Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act Statistics
The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (BAPCPA) requires the annual compilation of statistics on debtors who are individuals with primarily consumer debts seeking relief under chapters 7, 11, and 13.
Information available in the BAPCPA Report:
- Present data on all three chapters for debtors' assets, liabilities, income, and expenses; median time intervals from case filing to disposition; creditor misconduct; and attorney sanctions.
- Prior filing status, property valuation orders, and cases closed by plan dismissal or completion for chapter 13 cases.
- Statistics on reaffirmation agreements in chapter 7 cases.
2013 BAPCPA Report
BAPCPA Report Archives
PACER Bankruptcy Statistics
Report F-5A provides data on business and non-business bankruptcy petitions filed, by chapter of the bankruptcy code, for a 12-month period.
- The report displays totals by county, as well as for each judicial circuit and district. County codes are determined by the county of residence of the first named debtor in each bankruptcy petition.
- Reports prior to March 2013 are available by logging in to Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER).