The request should include:
- the reason the services and the named provider are being requested,
- the relevant experience and qualifications of the expert/service provider,
- the hourly rate requested,
- the fee arrangement, as applicable,
- the specific services and expenses to be included,
- if additional services/funding may be requested from/for this provider (as applicable), and
- other relevant information.
Once funding for investigative, expert, and other services has been
approved, counsel is responsible for communicating the specific terms
of the court order to the service provider to help ensure that charges
do not exceed the amount authorized.