Miranda v. Arizona
1. What aspect of the Fifth Amendment does the Miranda decision address?
2. In what circumstances does the Miranda decision apply?
3. What does the Miranda decision require law enforcement officers to do in those circumstances?
4. Why does it matter whether people suspected of a crime who are in the custody of law enforcement are advised of their rights?
5. How do the warnings set forth by the Supreme Court relate to the Fifth Amendment?
6. What happens if Miranda warnings are not given to a suspect who is later put on trial for criminal charges? Why?