<< View All Profiles
Courtroom Deputies assist judges in processing and managing court proceedings in an orderly fashion, and manage a judge’s caseload. Efficient court operations help create positive public impressions about our federal courts.
In their varied duties, Courtroom Deputies may
- serve as a courtroom manager, making sure court business happens in an efficient and timely manner
- perform a wide variety of administrative tasks such as calendaring, distributing and monitoring deadlines, preparing minutes of proceedings, processing orders, and filing important documents
- perform electronic court recording operator duties — attending, recording, and logging court proceedings
- coordinate set-up of courtrooms and manage and organize exhibits used in proceedings
- keep judges informed of case progress and support the judge in jury selection
- schedule court reporters and interpreters
- answer questions from the public and the judge
- maintain contact with counsel during deliberations, and
- advise the jury clerk about case requirements and jury needs.
Excellent organizational skills, sound judgment and an understanding of how the courtroom works are key in this position.