Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation Fee Schedule1
Following are fees to be charged for services to be performed by the clerk of the Judicial Panel on
Multidistrict Litigation. No fees are to be charged for services rendered on behalf of the United States,
with the exception of those specifically prescribed in items 1 and 3. No fees under this schedule shall
be charged to federal agencies or programs which are funded from judiciary appropriations, including,
but not limited to, agencies, organizations, and individuals providing services authorized by the Criminal
Justice Act, 18 U.S.C. § 3006A.
(1) For every search of the records of the court conducted by the clerk of the court or a
deputy clerk, $30 per name or item searched. This fee shall apply to services rendered
on behalf of the United States if the information requested is available through electronic
(2) For certification of any document or paper, whether the certification is made directly on
the document or by separate instrument, $11.
(3) For reproducing any record or paper, $.50 per page. This fee shall apply to paper
copies made from either: (1) original documents; or (2) microfiche or microfilm
reproductions of the original records. This fee shall apply to services rendered on
behalf of the United States if the record or paper requested is available through
(4) For retrieval of a record from a Federal Records Center, National Archives, or other
storage location removed from the place of business of the court, $53.
(5) For a check paid into the Panel which is returned for lack of funds, $53.
1Issued in accordance with 28 U.S.C. § 1932.