This overview provides information for federal judges and legal practitioners about the Federal Post Conviction Risk Assessment (PCRA). Developed by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts, the PCRA is designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of post-conviction supervision.
The report addresses:
- evidence-based practices,
- a history of risk assessment in the federal probation system,
- the development and contents of the PCRA,
- probation officer PCRA training and certification, and
- future research and implementation issues
Download full report (pdf)