Main content

Trustees and Administrators

When a bankruptcy case is filed, a U.S. trustee or bankruptcy administrator monitors the case and associated actions by all parties. Bankruptcy administrators oversee the administration of cases filed in Alabama and North Carolina only. In all other states, a bankruptcy trustee monitors the case.

U.S. Trustees

When a bankruptcy case is filed, the United States trustee assigns an impartial case trustee to administer the case and liquidate the debtor's nonexempt assets. The trustee monitors the conduct of bankruptcy parties and private estate trustees, oversees related administrative functions, and acts to ensure compliance with applicable laws and procedures. The U.S. Trustee Program is a component of the U.S. Department of Justice. Learn more.

Bankruptcy Administrators

Congress established the bankruptcy administrator program in 1986. The bankruptcy administrator offices in the six judicial districts of Alabama and North Carolina oversee the administration of bankruptcy cases, maintain a panel of private trustees, and monitor the transactions and conduct of parties in bankruptcy. Bankruptcy administrators also:


Northern District of Alabama

Mr. J. Thomas Corbett
Bankruptcy Administrator
Robert S. Vance Federal Building
Suite 300
1800 Fifth Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
(205) 714-3830

Middle District of Alabama

Ms. Danielle K. Greco.  
Bankruptcy Administrator
Frank M. Johnson, Jr. Federal Courthouse
One Church Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
(334) 954-3900 

Southern District of Alabama

Mr. Mark S. Zimlich
Bankruptcy Administrator
113 St. Joseph Street, Room 502
Mobile, AL 36602
(251) 441-5433

North Carolina

Eastern District of North Carolina

Ms. Marjorie K. Lynch
Bankruptcy Administrator
434 Fayetteville Street
Suite 640
Raleigh, NC 27601
(919) 334-3885

Middle District of North Carolina

Mr. William P. Miller
Bankruptcy Administrator
101 S. Edgeworth Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
(336) 358-4170

Western District of North Carolina

Ms. Shelley K. Abel
Bankruptcy Administrator
402 W. Trade Street, Suite 200
Charlotte, NC 28202
(704) 350-7587