Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation Fee Schedule
Following are fees to be charged for services to be performed by the clerk of the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation1.
No fees are to be charged for services rendered on behalf of the United States, with the exception of those specifically prescribed in items 1 and 3. No fees under this schedule shall be charged to federal agencies or programs which are funded from judiciary appropriations, including, but not limited to, agencies, organizations, and individuals providing services authorized by the Criminal Justice Act, 18 U.S.C. § 3006A.
(1) For every search of the records of the court conducted by the clerk of the court or a deputy clerk, $31 per name or item searched. This fee shall apply to services rendered on behalf of the United States if the information requested is available through electronic access.
(2) For certification of any document or paper, whether the certification is made directly on the document or by separate instrument, $11.
- For reproducing any record and providing a copy in paper form, $.50 per page. This fee shall apply to paper copies made from either: (1) original documents; or (2) microfiche or microfilm reproductions of the original records. This fee shall apply to services rendered on behalf of the United States if the record requested is available through electronic access.
- For reproducing and transmitting in any manner a copy of an electronic record stored outside of the court’s electronic case management system, including but not limited to, document files, audio recordings, and video recordings, $31 per record provided.
(4) For retrieval of one box of records from a Federal Records Center, National Archives, or other storage location removed from the place of business of the court, $64. For retrievals involving multiple boxes, $39 for each additional box. For electronic retrievals, $10 plus any charges assessed by the Federal Records Center, National Archives, or other storage location removed from the place of business of the courts.
(5) For any payment returned or denied for insufficient funds, $53.
1 Issued in accordance with 28 U.S.C. § 1932.