Chapter 1, § 140: The eVoucher System
Guide to Judiciary Policy, Vol 7 Defender Services, Part A Guidelines for Administering the CJA and Related Statutes, Chapter 1: Overview
(a) The eVoucher system is the judiciary’s primary method for CJA panel voucher submission and processing. It enables:
- the administration of CJA panel appointments;
- attorney voucher submission, review, and payments;
- service provider authorization, voucher submission, review, and payments;
- local reporting on CJA panel operations; and
- the implementation of case budgets.
(b) Policies on voucher review and approval are provided in Guide, Vol. 7A, Ch. 2 (Appointment and Payment of Counsel). CJA forms and accompanying instructions contain Judicial Conference policies and guidance for voucher administration and should be consulted in conjunction with this Guide volume and eVoucher’s online help materials. PDF versions of the CJA forms and accompanying instructions are posted on the judiciary’s public website.
Last revised (Transmittal 07-014) January 5, 2022