Job Details for Information Technology Technician II
|Court Name/Organization:||Texas Western District Court|
|Opening and Closing Dates:||09/13/2021 - Open Until Filled|
|Link to Court Careers Information:||http://www.txwd.uscourts.gov|
|Announcement Number:||USDC 21-36 AU|
|Link to Job Announcement|
- Provides first and second tier support to end users for workstation and server hardware through help desk requests and customer inquiries;
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet district needs;
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous function. Recommends course of action and implements as approved;
- May coordinate with personnel in network services, server infrastructure, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct technical problems;
- Assists in appropriate level software installations, patches and upgrades to maintain system integrity and security;
- Supports data recoverability through system backups and database archive operations;
- Coordinate appropriate level database troubleshooting to ensure improvement in system reliability and performance;
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation;
- Escalates more complex problems to subject matter experts as necessary;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of desktop support, customer support and/or helpdesk experience;
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Operating Systems in a support role;
- 3+ years of hands on experience with end-user support processes for workstations, servers, mobile devices and related;
- High level knowledge of data center hardware (i.e. UPS, cabling, switches, etc.);
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity applications;
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with all levels of district personnel from judges, executives, coworkers and front line end users;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Flexibility to work any hours, sometimes with short notice;
- Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize workload based on management direction;
- Ability to work self-directed with minimal supervision.
- Frequently moves computer and audio/visual equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for cyclical replacement, office moves and other Court needs;
- Frequently positions self to maintain computers, audio/visual equipment and/or network equipment throughout the building, including under the desks and in the IDF rooms;
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to install/repair network cabling or audio/visual equipment.
- Bachelor Degree or above in related field
- Current technical certification in a related area: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or above; current VMware Certified Associate (VCA) or above, etc.;
- Experience with VMWare, Cisco, HP, Dell, APC, Palo Alto, SharePoint, Microsoft 365, OneDrive, Cisco Unified Communications, a plus;
- Support experience with iOS devices
- Support experience with Audio/Visual technology
Qualified candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter (include job title/number listed above), detailed resume, salary history, e‐mail address, and a daytime phone number to: www.txwd.uscourts.gov > Court Info > Jobs > Current Employment Opportunities & Online Application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work for the federal government. The Court is not authorized to reimburse travel expenses for interviews or relocation. This position is subject to mandatory electronic direct deposit of salary payments. Please note that final candidates will undergo a criminal background & credit check and will be given a test to determine level of skill/knowledge.
The United States District Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The federal Judiciary is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.